Position: Marketing Manager
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter, resume, and links to a personal website and/or LinkedIn profile.
What Works, a Maryland/DC-based agency, is seeking a full time Marketing Manager with agency experience and a passion for expertly managing complex accounts with a multitude of moving pieces.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for overseeing the scheduling, production, and on-time delivery of marketing, branding, and creative work in collaboration with the creative director, account service teams, and creative teams. You will guide all team members involved with the projects from start to finish, ensuring timely project completion. You will serve as the key point of contact between the account manager and the production team. Deliverables will include marketing strategies/plans and creative services, such as branding, digital campaigns, and the development of print and digital marketing collateral. You will exhibit an understanding of how to setup, manage, optimize, and analyze digital advertising campaigns. You will schedule project tasks, manage a design team, coordinate project assignments, manage the timeline, budget, and ensure the effective integration of client direction and feedback. You will provide status reports to the internal team on a weekly basis and facilitate communication among internal team members. You may assist in the development of marketing strategies and tactical procedures. You will also ensure that creative/production work adheres to the correct technical specifications to ensure accuracy and quality control.
Must have 3+ years of marketing management or account management experience within an agency environment.
Must have a solid understanding of the media agency business and a strong working knowledge of the various digital media channels will be critical.
As a Marketing Manager, you will manage internal schedules, timelines, deliverables, and due dates. You will be managing a remote team of designers, copywriters, and researchers, and you’ll be reporting directly to agency leadership.
If you have experience working in an agency environment, a passion for problem solving, a commitment to excellence, and the desire to work on a national healthcare account, then please apply.
- Project Management: Develop, track, maintain, and drive project timelines
- Develop, manage, optimize, and analyze digital advertising campaigns
- Ensure team members, vendors, and clients stick to schedules
- Always look for opportunities to improve our processes
- Schedule and hold internal meetings as needed to update project teams on the status of jobs and to alert of any obstacles that may impede deadlines
- Manage, review and analyze all client facing deliverables
- Lead a monthly budget status review
- Schedule and manage client status meetings
- Participate on client calls as needed by client services team, take notes, identifying action items, and prepare action item reports and meeting summaries
- Write creative briefs in collaboration with the Creative Director
- Create weekly status reports with the team
- Learn and manage client specific processes to ensure compliance
- Develop and maintain a checklist for client preferences and requirements
- Maintain strong working relationships with team members and clients
- Identify opportunities to improve project efficiency and team communication
- Perform other duties as assigned and support client services on ad hoc requests
- Must be U.S.-based
- 3 + years of agency experience
- Must have experience running digital campaigns
- Project management experience required
- Must have email marketing experience
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong work ethic
- Positive attitude
- Team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage a diverse project load
- Produce positive results in a high-pressure environment
- Prioritize tasks and complete assignments in a thorough and competent manner
- Recognize areas to increase efficiency and contribute solutions
- Strong understanding of design, video production, digital/web, as well as analytics, insights and reporting
- Strong background in creative production elements including video production and post-production, web development, graphic design, content development, digital advertising campaigns, social media promotions, and content development, etc.
- Demonstrated past leadership role in the design, implementation, management and financial review of marketing and communications campaigns
- The ability to manage multiple client programs and budgets simultaneously
- A proactive mindset and must be a self-starter
We offer competitive salaries and company subsidized medical, dental and vision benefits. We offer our team members two weeks of paid vacation after one year of service and ten paid holidays per year.
While we are based in the Maryland/DC region, we are a fully distributed company, meaning we’ve already mastered the art of working remotely. Team members can choose to work from home, or from a co-working space located in Baltimore, Maryland. We use tools like Monday.com, Zoom, Slack, Google Apps, and other platforms to collaborate effectively.
What Works is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from women, people of color, people with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ community, and other communities traditionally underrepresented in this field.
To apply, email email@example.com with a cover letter, resume, and links to personal website and/or LinkedIn profile.
About What Works
Welcome to What Works. We’re an award-winning, independent, certified woman-owned marketing, branding, and digital creative agency.
We inspire audiences, build movements, and fuel growth for healthcare organizations, financial services firms, institutions and large nonprofits, and government agencies.
Digital: Website Development and Maintenance, Digital Marketing, Paid Social Advertising, Mobile Advertising, Geofencing, Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Marketing, Content Marketing, Email Marketing.
Social Media: Social Media Advertising and Campaigns, Campaign Monitoring and Optimization, Social Media Management, Calendars, Content Creation, Audience Building, Audience Engagement, Sentiment Analysis, Tracking and Reporting.
Branding: Brand Development, Messaging, Campaign Identity, Logo, Style Guide, and Communication Strategy.
Integrated Marketing: Strategy, Implementation, Digital, Print Brochures and Collateral, Live Events, Advertising, Graphic Design, Copywriting, Photography, Video Production, and Podcast Production.