Position: Account Manager
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE! To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter, resume, and links to a personal website and/or LinkedIn profile.
What Works Studio, a Maryland-based agency, is seeking a full time Account Manager with agency experience and a passion for expertly managing complex accounts with a multitude of moving pieces. Copywriting experience is a plus!
The Account Manager is responsible for overall client satisfaction and managing all users on the accounts and making sure tasks are completed on time.
Must have 3+ years of account/project management experience within an agency environment.
Must have a solid understanding of the agency world and a strong working knowledge of the various digital marketing channels will be critical.
As an Account Manager, you will perform project management duties to include managing and tracking internal schedules, timelines, deliverables, and due dates. You will be responsible for client communication and responding to clients within 24 hours or less. You will provide creative input and manage client-facing deliverables. You will create and manage briefs as well as facilitate meetings, provide agenda and follow-up communications.
As an Account Manager with copywriting experience, you will take on the roles and responsibilities listed above, and provide your creative direction on client copywriting projects. If you have a passion for journalism or writing, we’ll find ways to balance your account management responsibilities while having you spearhead copywriting and copy development tasks related to website content, social media posts, paid advertisements, and more. This position is expandable based on your career goals.
If you have experience working in an agency environment, a passion for building relationships with clients, a commitment to excellence, and the desire to work on a national healthcare account, then please apply.
- Project Management: Develop, track, maintain, and drive project timelines
- Ensure team members, vendors, and clients stick to schedules
- Always look for opportunities to improve our processes
- Manage, review and analyze all client facing deliverables
- Perform copywriting and social media-related activities
- Lead a monthly budget status review
- Schedule and manage client status meetings
- Lead client calls, present deliverable and reports, take notes, identify action items, and prepare action item reports and meeting summaries
- Manage all deliverables and timelines in project management software called Teamwork
- Write, organize, and manage creative briefs and client provided resources
- Create weekly status reports with the team
- Present regular status reports and provide analysis of web analytics/campaign reports to clients
- Learn and manage client specific processes to ensure compliance
- Develop and maintain a checklist for client preferences and requirements
- Maintain strong working relationships with team members and clients
- Identify opportunities to improve project efficiency and team communication
- Perform other duties as assigned and support client services on ad hoc requests
- Attend pitch meetings
- Write proposals and develop price quotes
- Write compelling, typo-free emails
- Must be an A-Player
- Must be U.S.-based
- 3 + years of agency experience required
- Remote working experience required
- Must have experience as a Junior or Senior level Account Manager/Executive at an agency
- Must have experience in and knowledge of analytics systems
- Must have a working knowledge of CMS systems (web project management experience is a plus!)
- High-profile (high-budget) project management experience preferred
- Healthcare account management experience preferred but not required
- Must have experience writing creative briefs and managing client relationships
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Extremely detail-oriented and an eye for design
- Strong work ethic
- Positive attitude
- Team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage a diverse project load
- Prioritize tasks and complete assignments in a thorough and competent manner
- Recognize areas to increase efficiency and contribute solutions
- Strong understanding of digital/web, as well as analytics, insights and reporting
- Strong background in creative production elements including video production and post-production, web development, graphic design, content development, digital advertising campaigns, social media promotions, and content development, etc.
- The ability to manage multiple client programs and budgets simultaneously
- A proactive mindset and must be a self-starter
We offer competitive salaries and company subsidized medical, dental and vision benefits. We offer our team members two weeks of paid vacation after one year of service and ten paid holidays per year.
While we are based in the Maryland/DC region, we are a fully distributed company, meaning we’ve already mastered the art of working remotely. Team members can choose to work from home, or from a co-working space located in Baltimore, Maryland or Chandler, AZ. We use tools like Teamwork, Zoom, Slack, Google Apps, and other platforms to collaborate effectively.
What Works is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from women, people of color, people with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ community, and other communities traditionally underrepresented in this field.
To apply, email email@example.com with a cover letter, resume, and links to personal website and/or LinkedIn profile. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
About What Works Studio
Welcome to What Works. We’re an award-winning, independent, certified woman-owned marketing, branding, and digital creative agency.
We inspire audiences, build movements, and fuel growth for healthcare organizations, financial services firms, institutions and large nonprofits, and government agencies.
Digital: Website Development and Maintenance, Digital Marketing, Paid Social Advertising, Mobile Advertising, Geofencing, Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Marketing, Content Marketing, Email Marketing.
Social Media: Social Media Advertising and Campaigns, Campaign Monitoring and Optimization, Social Media Management, Calendars, Content Creation, Audience Building, Audience Engagement, Sentiment Analysis, Tracking and Reporting.
Branding: Brand Development, Messaging, Campaign Identity, Logo, Style Guide, and Communication Strategy.
Integrated Marketing: Strategy, Implementation, Digital, Print Brochures and Collateral, Live Events, Advertising, Graphic Design, Copywriting, Photography, Video Production, and Podcast Production.